Keeping you Safe During Covid-19
Our Continued Commitment
The health and well-being of our community is a constant focus for us and a key ingredient in all of our actions. While living in these unprecedented times, we remain committed to providing a space of sanctuary and healing. We have spent numerous hours examining the details of our practice, teaching and space in developing this new go-forward plan to align with new public health requirements. Our ability to remain safe relies on a shared responsibility between us and our community. Although things will not be exactly the same, we will be together, and that’s what matters. Please familiarize yourself with the details outlined below before coming to the studio. We hope to see you in-person soon.
What you Need to Know - last updated 22.09.21
- We are now open to all students. As per the PHO regulations, as of September 13, 2021 all students coming to practice in-studio must show proof of a single dose of a Health Canada approved vaccine against COVID-19. For more information on this regulation, please check BC Government Website
- We continue to limit the number of students per class to no more than 50% capacity.
- Masks are mandatory when not on your yoga mat, as per PHO
- In-Studio led classes are live streamed and recorded for virtual access. Recurring members have access to both in-person and online classes. Online members may upgrade to an all-access pass to practice in the studio. Virtual-only passes are available.
- Reserve in advance for all classes, including Mysore. You may reserve starting 7 days before the class. Whenever possible, please keep consistent practice days and times to limit your circle of exposure. Reservations are best made through our Zen planner member app (Download for iOS , Android)
- If you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms (including but not limited to: fever, cough, sore throat, headache), or have been in contact with a known Covid case in the past 14 days, please stay at home. If you have come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please inform Arielle immediately. If you develop symptoms after reserving a spot, please cancel your reservation.
- Should you need to wait to enter the practice room or lobby, please in the hallway respecing distance, along our windows. One student at a time entering or exiting the studio. Do not congregate in front of any door or in the hallway. For Mysore, students should be prepared to wait up to 15 minutes, even when they have booked into a practice slot. Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before class start times.
- Sanitize your hands upon entrance into the lobby and practice space and after handling the bathroom keys. Sanitize or wash your hands before you leave.
- Please use the shoe shelf. You may use your own footwear or the slip-ons provided (with your socks) to use the washroom (as footwear is now mandatory).
- Students must wear a face-covering at all times when not practicing.
- Please place your mat as directed by the teacher, beginning furthest away from the door, filling in from front to back.
- Please bring your own sweat towel and sweat mat or rug. For Mysore classes, the teacher will clean the mat space between practitioners.
- When practicing, please stay on your mat. This is important in order to maintain safe physical distance from those around you.
- If possible, please arrive changed for practice and only bring to the studio what you need. Jacket hooks and personal belonging cubbies are available in the change rooms; each student to sanitize the cubby after use. Respect safe space when using the change rooms.
- Props are available for use.
- Consent cards are at the entrance to the studio – let us know whether or not you are comfortable with hands-on assists. Our teachers all teach in masks.
- Teachers manage mat placement for students, moving them if necessary to keep reasonable safe distance.
- All Staff performs a self-health check before arrival and is not to come to the studio with any symptoms.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces between classes, mat spaces between students for Mysore time slots and an enhanced daily full clean. This is a minimum of 3 times per day.
- Transparent face shields are provided for our teachers, should they choose to wear one. Teachers will be in masks at all times.
- Plexi has been installed at our front desk and our front desk team wears face-coverings.
- No-touch electronic payment for credit cards is preferred.
- Our ventilation system has been upgraded and is fully functional. The filter system will be on fully during all classes. Studio doors are open during classes. Windows open, temperature permitting.
- We will continue to adapt our processes as needed to ensure safety standards or lift restrictions when deemed safe to do so.
- All of our operational and staff policies adhere the PHO guidelines and to WorksafeBC standards. for low intensity group exercise