Keeping you Safe During Covid-19
Our Continued Commitment
The health and well-being of our community is a constant focus for us and a key ingredient in all of our actions. While living in these unprecedented times, we remain committed to providing a space of sanctuary and healing. We have spent numerous hours examining the details of our practice, teaching and space in developing this new go-forward plan to align with new public health requirements. Our ability to remain safe relies on a shared responsibility between us and our community. Although things will not be exactly the same, we will be together, and that’s what matters. Please familiarize yourself with the details outlined below before coming to the studio. We hope to see you in-person soon.
What you Need to Know - last updated 12.18.2020
- We are now open to all students.
- To allow for safe physical distancing, the number of students per class is limited.
- In-Studio led classes are live streamed and recorded for virtual access. Recurring members have access to both in-person and online classes. Online members may upgrade to an all-access pass to practice in the studio. Virtual-only passes are available.
- Reserve in advance for all classes, including Mysore. You may reserve starting 7 days before the class. Whenever possible, please keep consistent practice days and times to limit your circle of exposure. Reservations are best made through our Zen planner member app (Download for iOS , Android)
- If you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms (including but not limited to: fever, cough, sore throat, headache), or have travelled internationally in the past 14 days, please stay at home. All students will have contactless temperature taken before entering. Any student exhibiting symptoms won’t be allowed to practice. If you have come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please inform Arielle immediately. If you develop symptoms after reserving a spot, please cancel your reservation.
- Our staff will perform a verbal health-check with each student and take temperature prior to admitting them to the practice space.
- Should you need to wait to enter the practice room or lobby, please line up with the stickers in the hallway along our windows. One student at a time entering or exiting the studio. Do not congregate in front of any door or in the hallway. For Mysore, students should be prepared to wait up to 15 minutes, even when they have booked into a practice slot. Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before class start times.
- Sanitize your hands upon entrance into the lobby and practice space and after handling the bathroom keys. Sanitize or wash your hands before you leave.
- Wear socks in the studio and lobby and remove once on your mat. Please use the shoe shelf. You may use your own footwear or the slip-ons provided (with your socks) to use the washroom (as footwear is now mandatory).
- Students must wear a face-covering at all times when not on their yoga mat.
- Please place your mat in the marked spots on the studio floor, beginning furthest away from the door, filling in from front to back. We have arranged the space for 2.5m distance between students.
- Please bring your own sweat towel and sweat mat or rug. For Mysore classes, the teacher will clean the mat space between practitioners.
- When practicing, please stay on your mat. This is important in order to maintain safe physical distance from those around you. Please don’t use the walls at this time.
- Change rooms are currently closed for changing. Please arrive changed for practice and if possible only bring to the studio what you need. Jacket hooks and personal belonging cubbies are available in the change rooms; each student to sanitize the cubby after use.
- Props are not available for use at this time, however you may bring your own props to place beside your mat to use for practice and take them home with you when you leave.
- Verbal and visual assists only are permitted at this time. Our teachers will remain in their designated area during both led and Mysore classes.
- Bring your own mat, rentals are not available at this time.
- Expanded our space into another suite to allow for more students to practice with 2.5m distance. 15 for Mysore practice (in 2 rooms), 8 for led.
- All Staff performs a self-health check before arrival and documents it’s been completed upon arrival.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces between classes, mat spaces between students for Mysore time slots and an enhanced daily full clean. This is a minimum of 3 times per day.
- Transparent face shields are provided for out teachers, should they choose to wear one. Teachers will be in masks at all times when not instructing led classes.
- Teachers will not be providing hands-on assists at this time.
- Plexi has been installed at our front desk and our front desk team wears face-coverings.
- No-touch electronic payment for credit cards is preferred.
- Our ventilation system has been upgraded and is fully functional. The filter system will be on fully during all classes. Studio doors are open during classes.
- We will continue to adapt our processes as needed to ensure safety standards or lift restrictions when deemed safe to do so.
- All of our operational and staff policies adhere the PHO guidelines and to WorksafeBC standards. for low intensity group exercise