Keeping you Safe During Covid-19
Our Continued Commitment
The health and well-being of our community is a constant focus for us and a key ingredient in all of our actions. While living in these unprecedented times, we remain committed to providing a space of sanctuary and healing. We have spent numerous hours examining the details of our practice, teaching and space in developing this new go-forward plan to align with new public health requirements. Our ability to remain safe relies on a shared responsibility between us and our community. Although things will not be exactly the same, we will be together, and that’s what matters. Please familiarize yourself with the details outlined below before coming to the studio. We hope to see you in-person soon.
What you Need to Know
- June 1 – 15, we are open for the following members: Unlimited Monthly, 10 class recurring, 1, 3, 6 month and 1-year unlimited pass holders, beginners program registrants. We will open for drop-ins and students who hold 5 or 10-class passes on June 15 if it’s reasonable. Passes may be upgraded to a membership at any time (cost pro-rated).
- To allow for safe physical distancing, classes are capped at 10 students. Mysore classes utilize the small studio for an additional 4 students completing their finishing sequence.
- Over the course of the summer, we will gradually build up to a full in-studio schedule. Due to capacity restrictions, we will be continuing our online offering. All in-person Mysore classes will have a virtual shadow for the time being. This means you can login to the class virtually, practice with your fellow students from home, see and hear the teacher. The teacher however, will be focused on teaching the in-person class. Some Mysore and led classes will only be available online.
- In-Studio led classes will be streamed live and recorded for virtual access. Recurring members have access to both in-person and online classes. Online members may upgrade to an all-access pass to practice in the studio.
- Reserve in advance for all classes, including Mysore. You may reserve starting 5 days before the class. Whenever possible, please keep consistent practice days and times to limit your circle of exposure. Reservations are best made through our Zen planner member app (Download for iOS , Android)
- If you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms (including but not limited to: fever, cough, sore throat, headache), or have travelled internationally in the past 14 days, please stay at home. All students will be asked to verify the absence of symptoms and travel upon entrance. Any student exhibiting symptoms won’t be allowed to practice. If you have come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please inform Arielle immediately. If you develop symptoms after reserving a spot, please cancel your reservation.
- Should you need to wait to enter the practice room or lobby, please line up with the stickers in the hallway along our windows. One student at a time entering or exiting the studio. Do not congregate in front of any door. For Mysore, students should be prepared to wait up to 15 minutes, even when they have booked into a practice slot. Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before class start times.
- Sanitize your hands upon entrance into the practice space and after handling the bathroom keys. Sanitize or wash your hands before you leave.
- Wear socks in the studio and lobby and remove once on your mat. Please use the shoe shelf. You may use your own footwear or the slip-ons provided (with your socks) to use the washroom (as footwear is now mandatory) Although not a requirement, we encourage students to wear a mask whenever they are not on their yoga mat.
- Please place your mat in the marked spots on the studio floor, beginning furthest away from the door, filling in from front to back. We have arranged the space for maximal physical distancing.
- Please bring your own sweat towel and sweat mat or rug. For Mysore classes, the teacher will clean the mat space between practitioners.
- When practicing, please stay on your mat. This is important in order to maintain safe physical distance from those around you. Please don’t use the walls at this time.
- For the month of June, there is no change room use. Please arrive changed for practice and if possible only bring to the studio what you need. Cubbies for personal belongings are available in the main studio, however we ask that each student sanitize the cubby after use.
- Props are not available for use at this time, however you may bring your own props to place beside your mat to use for practice and take them home with you when you leave.
- Change rooms are closed for changing, however mat storage is available. There is a limit of one person at a time to collect their mat.
- For our first month, teaching will be verbal and visual only. Physical adjustments will be phased in slowly when the time is right and you give your permission to the teacher for each class.
- Between class cleaning of high touch surfaces and enhanced daily full clean.
- Providing transparent face shields for our teachers, should they choose to wear one.
- Plexi has been installed at our front desk.
- No-touch electronic payment for credit cards is preferred – no cash payments at this time. Debit accepted.
- We will continue to adapt our processes as needed to ensure safety standards or lift restrictions when deemed safe to do so.
- Self-check and health declaration of staff on arrival to work.
- All of our new operational and staff policies adhere to WorksafeBC standards.