Keeping you Safe During Covid-19
Our Continued Commitment
The health and well-being of our community is a constant focus for us and a key ingredient in all of our actions. While living in these unprecedented times, we remain committed to providing a space of sanctuary and healing. We have spent numerous hours examining the details of our practice, teaching and space in developing this new go-forward plan to align with new public health requirements. Our ability to remain safe relies on a shared responsibility between us and our community. Although things will not be exactly the same, we will be together, and that’s what matters. Please familiarize yourself with the details outlined below before coming to the studio. We hope to see you in-person soon.
What you Need to Know
- We are now open to all students.
- To allow for safe physical distancing, the number of students per class is limited.
- In-Studio led classes are live streamed and recorded for virtual access. Recurring members have access to both in-person and online classes. Online members may upgrade to an all-access pass to practice in the studio. Virtual-only passes are available.
- Reserve in advance for all classes, including Mysore. You may reserve starting 7 days before the class. Whenever possible, please keep consistent practice days and times to limit your circle of exposure. Reservations are best made through our Zen planner member app (Download for iOS , Android)
- If you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms (including but not limited to: fever, cough, sore throat, headache), or have travelled internationally in the past 14 days, please stay at home. All students will have contactless temperature taken before entering. Any student exhibiting symptoms won’t be allowed to practice. If you have come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please inform Arielle immediately. If you develop symptoms after reserving a spot, please cancel your reservation.
- Should you need to wait to enter the practice room or lobby, please line up with the stickers in the hallway along our windows. One student at a time entering or exiting the studio. Do not congregate in front of any door. For Mysore, students should be prepared to wait up to 15 minutes, even when they have booked into a practice slot. Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before class start times.
- Sanitize your hands upon entrance into the lobby and practice space and after handling the bathroom keys. Sanitize or wash your hands before you leave.
- Wear socks in the studio and lobby and remove once on your mat. Please use the shoe shelf. You may use your own footwear or the slip-ons provided (with your socks) to use the washroom (as footwear is now mandatory).
- Students must wear a face-covering when not on their yoga mat prior to led classes.
- Please place your mat in the marked spots on the studio floor, beginning furthest away from the door, filling in from front to back. We have arranged the space for maximal physical distancing.
- Please bring your own sweat towel and sweat mat or rug. For Mysore classes, the teacher will clean the mat space between practitioners.
- When practicing, please stay on your mat. This is important in order to maintain safe physical distance from those around you. Please don’t use the walls at this time.
- Change room capacity is limited to 2 people. Please arrive changed for practice and if possible only bring to the studio what you need. Cubbies for personal belongings are available in the change rooms; each student to sanitize the cubby after use.
- Props are not available for use at this time, however you may bring your own props to place beside your mat to use for practice and take them home with you when you leave.
- Let us know if you would like to receive safe physical adjustments by indicating on the adjustment chip at the beginning of each class.
- Limiting number of students per class (varies by class style)
- Teachers performing physical adjustments wear a mask for Mysore, and shield for led classes and sanitize their hands between students. The student decides whether they wish to receive adjustments by selecting an adjustment chip at the beginning of each class.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces between classes, mat spaces between students for Mysore time slots and an enhanced daily full clean.
- Providing transparent face shields for our teachers, should they choose to wear one.
- Plexi has been installed at our front desk and our front desk team wears face-coverings.
- No-touch electronic payment for credit cards is preferred.
- We will continue to adapt our processes as needed to ensure safety standards or lift restrictions when deemed safe to do so.
- Temperature check and health declaration of staff on arrival to work.
- All of our new operational and staff policies adhere to WorksafeBC standards.